Tuesday, July 3, 2007

So Much to See...

My life is officially much busier...that's right, Bryant is crawling. I had my first realization this morning as to how different life will be now that he is mobile. I put him down in front of his toy basket we keep downstairs near the kitchen and I was unloading the dishwasher and I turned around to find him unloading the magazines and books from the coffee table and of course peeling apart the magazines as they were being unloaded!! He is curious and yet still a little hesitant to move around too much. Today he made his first successful attmept to pull himself into a standing position, only to come crashing down with minimal crying involved. Here are a couple of pictures of him crawling. He has also started this funny little "bear" crawl where he is up on all fours with his little bottom in the air, very cute.





On another note, my friend Carrington, who I mentioned in my last posting, delivered her triplets on Sunday July 1. All are doing well. She was having some complications with her liver due to the pregnancy and some preterm labor symptoms, so her doctors felt it was best to go ahead and deliver the babies. Here are the stats on their babies: Amelia Faith came first at 4lbs 5oz and 16 and 3/4 inches, and Abigail Kimberly at 4lbs 7oz and 18 and 1/8 inches, followed by their little brother Gabriel Michael who is heaviest at 4lbs 10oz and 17 3/4 inches. The babies are really good sized for a triplet delivery and are currently in the NICU, but breathing on their own, praise God. Carrington was in a lot of pain after the delivery and I imagine is going to spend a few weeks getting back her stamina and healing from the surgery. Here is a link to their blog if you would like to see pictures of the little miracles you were all praying for: http://mostlylife.blogspot.com/

We are planning to spend the fourth of July laying low and staying out of the sun. We hope you all have a safe and happy 4th!!

1 comment:

Carrington said...

Amy,
Hey there, thanks for the shout out on your blog! So fun to see people spreading the news. I am slowly getting back on my feet. Still have a long ways to go to be normal, but I am basking in babies and feel quite content. Let's talk soon!
Love, Carrington